Another week, and another leap into the incomprehensible world of football score prognostication. Last week saw all but 1 of the 24 sites return results of 40%, or better. Three sites were at the 70-80 % level.
MLS prediction sites (9) yielded the usual results in the 40-60% range. As the season winds down, it seems that the predictions are slow to be posted so the results shown here are based on fewer data points, making them less reliable. This week there are 14 games, with 8 teams playing twice. This presents a prime opportunity to increase position in the various competitions. The following week has only 6 teams playing in 4 total games. I hope all have planned well enough to have a full complement for the DGW, and have saved their WC to prepare for the BGW. In GW33 you can take advantage of unlimited transfers to prepare for the final 2 weeks. Good luck to all.
Manchester United and Southampton played Wednesday in Euro clashes, so be aware of any possible injuries and to who was included in the starting XI’s.
As stated each week, no claims are made that the results presented here will outperform the processes you currently use, or should replace what has worked for you in the past. They are presented for your review –
- to assist with and compare to your Prediction Game choices.
- to present possible lineup strategies, or transfers, for your fantasy teams.
- to assist in Captain selection.
- to be a time saver for those managers lacking time to surf the Web.
- to add another tool to your kit.
A review of the sites as of this writing reveal the following
- Man United are a unanimous pick to top Stoke City.
- Everton is a heavy favorite at home.
- Leicester is favored at home v So’ton, although the stats predict a draw.
- Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are heavy favorites on the road.
- Watford, at home, are slight favorites v Bournemouth.
- West Brom are favored in their visit to Sunderland.
- Man City are predicted to win or draw at Tottenham.
- The West Ham v Middlesbrough is projected as a draw.
The statistical predictions for PL GW7 are –
|Sunderland||v||West Brom||0.6-1||0-1||1-1 or 0-1|
|Man United||v||Stoke City||2.3-0.1||3-0||2-0 or 3-0|
|Tottenham||v||Man City||0.9-1.6||1-1||1-1 or 1-2|
The top sites from PL GW6 were –
|# of Predictions||# correct wins/draws||# Correct Exact Scores|
The statistical predictions for MLS GW31 are –
|Montreal||v||San Jose||1-0.7||0-0||0-0 or 1-1|
|Toronto||v||Orlando||2.4-0.4||3-0||2-0 or 3-0|
|New England||v||Sporting KC||1.2-0.4||1-0||1-0|
|Dallas||v||Los Angeles||1.4-0.8||0-1||0-1 or 1-1|
|San Jose||v||Real Salt Lake||0.6-0.2||1-0||1-0|
|Orlando||v||Montreal||1.6-0.6||2-0||2-1 or 2-0|
|NY Red Bulls||v||Philadelphia||1.6-1.2||2-1||2-1|
“You pays your money, and you takes your choice”. This old adage holds so much truth in it as it applies to football scoreline prediction.
I hope all managers are enjoying the current competition (open to all site regulars, and it is never too late to join). Until next time, Good Luck in the numbers game>