Each week the WWW is mined, looking for nuggets of wisdom to be entered the statistical analysis. The results are presented for your review
- to assist with, and compare, to your Prediction Game choices.
- to suggest possible lineup strategies or transfers for fantasy football.
- to help with Captain choices.
- to assist those managers strapped for time.
- to add another tool to your kit.
No claims are made that the results presented here will outperform the processes you currently, or that they should replace what has worked for you in the past.
There are 12 EPL teams with EFL Cup matches midweek, and Man City with a Champions League match. Monitor these team for possible injuries or players being rested. This week will be followed by the International break, and EPL will resume 10/9.
On a similar note, MLS has entered a hectic period with 6 matches on Wednesday, followed by a full 10 match schedule 8/26 through 8/28. This will then lead into a BGW27 ( 6 matches), starting 9/1.
A review of the sites posting as of this time reveals the following trends –
- Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, Southampton & Man City are heavy favorites to win, with only 1-3 sites predicting other outcomes.
- Arsenal & Man United are favored to win, with 5 sites predicting other outcomes.
- Crystal Palace v Bournemouth favor a draw.
- West Brom v Middlesbrough favor a draw.
- Tottenham v Liverpool seems to favor a ‘Pool win or draw.
The statistical score predictions for EPL GW3 are –
|Chelsea||v||Burnley||1.8-0.6||2-0||2-1 or 2-0|
|Everton||v||Stoke||1.7-0.6||2-1 or 2-0||2-1 or 2-0|
|Hull City||v||Man United||0.4-1.5||0-2||0-2|
|Southampton||v||Sunderland||1.9-0.5||2-0||2-1 or 2-0|
|Watfird||v||Arsenal||0.6-1.6||1-1||1-2 or 1-1|
|Man City||v||West Ham||1.9-0.8||2-0||2-1 or 2-0|
GW2’s top ten sites all exceeded the 40% benchmark, with 8 additional sites also meeting/exceeding that level. This left 5 sites which performed poorly.
The EPL GW2 top ten sites were –
|# of Predictions||# correct wins/draws||# Correct Exact Scores|
The prediction sites for MLS were kind of spotty, I think due to the quick turn around time. The sites that did post revealed the following trends –
- DC United & NY Red Bulls are unanimous picks to win.
- Real Salt Lake, Toronto, LA, Portland & NY City are favored to win.
- Philadelphia is a slight favorite over Sporting KC.
- Houston is a slight edge over Dallas, but could end a draw.
- Columbus v San Jose could go either way, with home team having a slight edge.
The Statistical Predictions for MLS GW26 are –
|Real Salt Lake||v||Colorado||1.1-0.4||1-0||1-0|
|Philadelphia||v||Sporting KC||1.5-0.6||1-0||1-1 or 1-0|
|Columbus||v||San Jose||1.3-1||1-1 or 2-1||1-1 or 2-1|
|Houston||v||Dallas||1.3-0.5||1-0||1-1 or 1-0|
|NY Red Bulls||v||New England||2.5-0.2||3-0||3-0|
I am not posting the top sites table from GW25. Only 3 of the 11 sites met the 40% benchmark. That’s 2 weeks on the bounce with poor returns.
As stated each week, “You pays your money, and you takes your choice”. This old adage is so true, as it applies to predicting football score lines, and is a reminder that when we make plans, God laughs.
I hope all have fun playing the Prediction Game (open to all site regulars), and until next week, good luck with the numbers game.